What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six Flags Great Adventure | Bakunawa | Mack Spinning Launched Coaster | 2027

As an engineer I like seeing the nuts and bolts. I much prefer this to some of the over-themed trains out there like Cu-Chulainn or Wildcat's Revenge. Personal taste I suppose.
 
"Trains are being assembled..."

Now maybe I'm *way off* but doesn't "being assembled" mean the trains are currently being put together? So there is a possibility that what you're seeing here is not exactly what the final product will be...

That being said I don't give a s**t about how trains look. Yes, adding some plastic shrouds or lead car themeing is icing on the cake at times, but with a coaster this size it seems a silly thing to moan about.

I'm just happy Six Flags is still willing to invest in these larger extreme innovative type coasters.

Sir, the car they showed in the announcement was exactly the same. That’s precisely why I didn’t write anything at first. I assumed it was just an unfinished prototype.

This is clearly the final product now like it’s shown in the trailer, and it looks horrible. It’s way uglier than the trains on Kingda Ka, Top Thrill 2, Falcon's Flight, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Red Force, or Fury 325. It is genuinely the ugliest train on any 300ft+ giga or strata coaster.

I don't see how it's 'silly' to complain about this when literally every previous coaster that comes close to or surpasses this height has had significantly better-looking trains.
 
Sir, the car they showed in the announcement was exactly the same. That’s precisely why I didn’t write anything at first. I assumed it was just an unfinished prototype.

This is clearly the final product now like it’s shown in the trailer, and it looks horrible. It’s way uglier than the trains on Kingda Ka, Top Thrill 2, Falcon's Flight, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Red Force, or Fury 325. It is genuinely the ugliest train on any 300ft+ giga or strata coaster.

I don't see how it's 'silly' to complain about this when literally every previous coaster that comes close to or surpasses this height has had significantly better-looking trains.

Good for you, stickin' to your guns.

If I were in your shoes I would go the extra mile, and refuse to ride this as some form of ugly-train protest.

That'll show 'em!
 
Sir, the car they showed in the announcement was exactly the same. That’s precisely why I didn’t write anything at first. I assumed it was just an unfinished prototype.

This is clearly the final product now like it’s shown in the trailer, and it looks horrible. It’s way uglier than the trains on Kingda Ka, Top Thrill 2, Falcon's Flight, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Red Force, or Fury 325. It is genuinely the ugliest train on any 300ft+ giga or strata coaster.

I don't see how it's 'silly' to complain about this when literally every previous coaster that comes close to or surpasses this height has had significantly better-looking trains.

I am no engineer but I assume these trains are a lot heavier as they have a spinning mechanism, which no other giga/strata has. And as it’s a launched coaster, probably makes sense to strip any weight you can.

They do look pretty naked compared to the other extreme spinner trains, which are both absolutely gorgeous. But the fact this is floorless is gonna be spooky as hell when hanging over the edge.
 
Haha I'm not sure if this is intended to prove or disprove the point, since that theming all got removed pretty quickly

And Cedar Point mechanics didn't even have to do the work! TTD did it for them all on its own...

*cue 3 foot Goodyear tire bouncing down the Cedar Point midway*
 
I’m sure this is purely from an engineering standpoint that you probably don’t want much theming on a train designed for the forces this is going to go through.

You just have to look at how beefy the wheel assemblies are to know there has been some serious calculations & design work involved to get this thing to survive.
Forces? It's traveling a straight line on a variable speed lsm launch. Falcon's Flight trains handles 10x the forces no problem.

Let's not make excuses for Six Flags penny pinching. It's a meme coaster designed for TikToks and misleading thumbnails.
 
"Trains are being assembled..."

Now maybe I'm *way off* but doesn't "being assembled" mean the trains are currently being put together? So there is a possibility that what you're seeing here is not exactly what the final product will be...

That being said I don't give a s**t about how trains look. Yes, adding some plastic shrouds or lead car themeing is icing on the cake at times, but with a coaster this size it seems a silly thing to moan about.

I'm just happy Six Flags is still willing to invest in these larger extreme innovative type coasters.
Too bad Six Flags isn't "willing to invest in these larger extreme innovative type coasters" at all their parks.
 
Forces? It's traveling a straight line on a variable speed lsm launch. Falcon's Flight trains handles 10x the forces no problem.

Let's not make excuses for Six Flags penny pinching. It's a meme coaster designed for TikToks and misleading thumbnails.
Sure. Like the prolonged upside down launch while spinning won’t need to have been thought?

Falcon’s Flight is different; massive track gauge, no inversions and everything is extremely drawn out.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top